Rudist ?

Rockwood

Found in Joshua, TX. It measures about 1.5 x 2 cm.  Maybe not big enough to call odd or strange looking. Does it fit the Texas rule to be called a rudist though ?  :)

IMG_5791a.JPG

24 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Found in Joshua, TX. It measures about 1.5 x 2 cm.  Maybe not big enough to call odd or strange looking. Does it fit the Texas rule to be called a rudist though ?  :)

IMG_5791a.JPG

What age and type are the rocks that this is from? Can you show us what the left and right sides look like looking down at the tubular structures?

• I Agree 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

48 minutes ago, DPS Ammonite said:

What age and type are the rocks that this is from? Can you show us what the left and right sides look like looking down at the tubular structures?

From the small oysters found in the same field I would guess Cretaceous. It's a vacant lot next to the motel. The finds are in mole hills. It could easily be material brought in as fill. My camera battery gave out just as I took this photo. When the light gets a little brighter, I'll try to get some better shots.