Fossil Hunting in Vancover, Canada

Halisaurus

Hello! I live in Vancover, Canada and I have no expierence in fossil hunting and has not found ANY fossil in my life. Maybe since almost ALL of you has found AT LEAST 1 fossil, maybe can you help me on fossil hunting location at Vancover? Thank you!:trex::fernfoss::trilo::meg::bone_claw:

LINK

Your best bet may be to join a paleontologic/rock hounding club.  You may get access to other areas that solitary fossil hunters do not get access to.

Also, you will meet like minded people, and maybe make some new friends or hunting buddies.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

While I admire your enthusiasm and desire to start fossil collecting, you will likely not get too many direct responses.  Many of us have spent a lot of time searching for viable hunting locations. It’s not as easy as one might think and sometimes can take months of research and dozens of non productive trips just to find the one layer in a particular formation you’ve been searching for. It’s hard to give up such a hard earned reward to a stranger on the internet. 

That being said, I would encourage you to hang around here on The Fossil Forum. I learned more from the TFF community in a year than I would have in 10 on my own. You will be finding your own spots in no time! Besides, if you hang around and become an active member, you might just find that people are more willing to divulge information about hunting locations. You might even get invited along to hunt with other members. ;) 

• I Agree 5

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)