Singapore or Indonesian fossil excursion available?

SusieReale

Hello!  I run a ladies fossil hunting fb group here in Florida, USA but am traveling to Singapore October 6- 13 and would like to know: 

1. Are there any excursions I can go on to find fossils in Singapore?  What can be found there?

2.  Are there any paid excursions in Java or elsewhere in Indonesia? 

2a.  Would it be safe to travel alone?  (American female in her 50's if it makes a difference).  I would need to fly in from Singapore and preferably meet with a reputable group.

Thank you!

Hi, Susie! Singaporean fossil collector here

1. There are no fossil excursions in Singapore now as most of the sites have been covered by buildings and roads. Once in a blue moon, certain academics may host a fossil trip but that is exceedingly rare, and I don't know of any such trips at the moment

However, I would be happy to invite you and your friends to my tiny home museum + show you some nice local food

2a. I understand you are asking about Indonesia, but just in case you're curious about Singapore - it is safe to travel alone, but try not to wander into secluded streets at night

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Any information you may have can be sent to the OP by PM.

TOPIC LOCKED.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

• Fossildude19 locked this topic