how do I find people in my local area that like paleontology

jcorradino

hi how would I go about going on trips or meeting people in my general area that like fossils I want to get in the field as soon as possible but I'm not exactly a paleontologist yet however I really like the idea of meeting friends and going on trips together i am in collage at the moment just not one that offers geology courses :trex:

It's nice having friends.

But it's also pretty cool to search the roadcuts, old quarries and river banks using geological maps of your area, to find your own honeyholes that are unique to you. 

• I Agree 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

30 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

It's nice having friends.

But it's also pretty cool to search the roadcuts, old quarries and river banks using geological maps of your area, to find your own honeyholes that are unique to you. 

i just printed one out of my area imma learn how to find them I'm also hoping to get eurypterids. 

• Enjoyed 1

See if there are any clubs for biology, geology, paleontology, or even the outdoors. If not, try to make one. Even an outdoors club will be open to an occasional fossil hunting trip. 

• Thank You 1

As @Masonk said, FB is a great option. The Singaporean Fossils Collectors started like that

• Thank You 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

31 minutes ago, ynot said:

Stand on a busy intersection with a big sign that says......

'I LOVE FOSSILS... DO YOU?""

:default_rofl:

I should actually try that out lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Man you are up there! NYPS may be too far off.  Take trip down to PRI in Ithaca. They used to do field trips in the finger lakes.  You might also try any local nature centers and ask them.

• Thank You 1