I'm looking for a site to hunt in the Cedarburg/Grafton, WI area

SEWis-Fossils

I've been fishing along Cedar Creek for years, and I know there are some good limestone formations along the creek.  Anyone in the area know of some good spots to look for fossils?  There's got to be some spots that trilobites can be found.

According to this website, with admittedly old information,  There should be some spots along the Milwaukee River.

screenshot.JPG

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thanks.  I was actually going to do kyak trip with a friend to look for fossils, so we'll hit the Milwaukee river.  Lime Kiln park is no good from my experience.  It's a very old, and very  overgrown limestone quarry.

Hi,

Many people come here to ask for places and find fossils easily, quickly and effortlessly (maybe not you, but we see that often).

Fossil research involves a lot of time reading professional publications, looking at geological maps, looking at views on GoogleHeart or other aerial views, and prospecting in the field.

So you will understand that no one will give you his honey hole or sensitive places. Ask a mushroom researcher or a fisherman for his corners, they won’t answer you !

That said, some sites are well known in the United States and elsewhere. Take a look on the forum in the part cut in states, read, do some work and you will probably have some answers when you yourself made a part of the way :Wink1:

Coco

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg