Horseshoe Crab with Modest Color Enhancement

Lucid_Bot

This piece is supposedly a horseshoe crab ( Mesolimulus walchii) from the Solnhofen limestone of Germany. It is Jurassic and the description says there has only been mild color enhancement. Is this fossil real? Any fabrication? Thanks for the answers!

Screenshot from 2023-10-30 16-58-21.png

Screenshot from 2023-10-30 16-58-49.png

• I found this Informative 1

oh my. I suggest googling other mesolimus walchii fossils and notice the difference. This seems to be the colorized outline of said horseshoe crab.. I see nothing fossil here except the shape.  I would even hesitate to label it "art". 

• I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JamieLynn said:

oh my. I suggest googling other mesolimus walchii fossils and notice the difference. This seems to be the colorized outline of said horseshoe crab.. I see nothing fossil here except the shape.  I would even hesitate to label it "art". 

Wow. This guy sold me a fake before. I thought maybe he just made a mistake. Thanks for letting me know.

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Bot said:

Wow. This guy sold me a fake before. I thought maybe he just made a mistake. Thanks for letting me know

Never buy fossils from a sketchy dealer.

• I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Lucid_Bot said:

Wow. This guy sold me a fake before. I thought maybe he just made a mistake. Thanks for letting me know.

Please keep your comments focused on the fossils, NOT the sellers.
Thank you.

@oilshale  @rocket

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly fake, wow. One of the most ugly one I have ever seen.

when you love to collect total fake fossils, buy it. but, at the price of the stone, in this size you can buy them in germany at around the price of a coffee...

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1