QuestingFossils

I wasn’t expecting much from this weekend adventure, been having a dry spell with the last few hunts and a lot of misses. Gave it the good OL’College try again :fingerscrossed: and oh did it pay off big time with finding not one but 2 teeth in extraordinary condition on back to back days and 2 different epochs vastly separated from each other geographically which is really cool. Time traveling but without the DeLorean!

IMG_5986.jpeg

(Front and back photos of the larger tooth)

2 & 5/8 inches from tooth tip to the larger side of the root; which would be about 66 mm.

IMG_6010.jpeg

IMG_6011.jpeg

• Enjoyed 14

What do you think about giving us the size of the bigger one ? Wouldn’t that be nice ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

3 hours ago, Coco said:

What do you think about giving us the size of the bigger one ? Wouldn’t that be nice ?

Coco

Sorry, thank you for reminding me. Went to edit it in and it wouldn’t let me. It came out to 2 5/8 inches from tooth tip to the larger side of the root; which would be about 66mm too if I’m not mistaken. 

• Thank You 1

cm/inch translation is correct. However, I thought you could change your text for 24 to 48 hours, unless it was changed because too many people deleted the content of their messages once they had their identification. An administrator or a webmaster may enlighten you on this.

Coco

• I Agree 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

@QuestingFossils

All set now. ;)

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

15 hours ago, QuestingFossils said:

I wasn’t expecting much from this weekend adventure, been having a dry spell with the last few hunts and a lot of misses. Gave it the good OL’College try again :fingerscrossed: and oh did it pay off big time with finding not one but 2 teeth in extraordinary condition on back to back days and 2 different epochs vastly separated from each other geographically which is really cool. Time traveling but without the DeLorean!

IMG_5986.jpeg

(Front and back photos of the larger tooth)

2 & 5/8 inches from tooth tip to the larger side of the root; which would be about 66 mm.

IMG_6010.jpeg  IMG_6011.jpeg

Very nice! Were these both NJ finds?

1 hour ago, automech said:

Very nice! Interesting green stripe on the front of the Angy. 

I wish that was apart of the tooth, just a reflection of my neon green/yellow shirt lol

2 hours ago, Masonk said:

Very cool! Hope to find teeth like that at some point. Keep striking out in those formations.

Really enjoy your IG content, by the way, assuming you use the same name.

I do have the same name and glad you enjoy what I put out there, and I wish you all the same luck and believe you will soon. I hope to get out a lot more and travel farther too this coming new year. It really means a lot truly thank you. :WootSign: