Help with recent purchase, please.

Newbie_1971

6 minutes ago, Kane said:

Looks to be an Asaphus punctatus.

Thank you. They had it labeled as, Asaphus intermedius. I  didn't think it matched after Google searching. I  got what I  feel was a good deal on it though. It  seems fairly rare on the market, as it is the first that I  have seen for sale. Is this the case? Or do you know the rarity?

Fairly common, but not as common as Asaphus lepidurus. I have a fairly extensive collection of Russian trilobites if you look at my album. 

I should add that many of the specimens on the market are coming out of older collections. Newer material is a bit harder to come by at the moment due to some geopolitical friction over there, to put it mildly. 

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

44 minutes ago, Kane said:

Fairly common, but not as common as Asaphus lepidurus. I have a fairly extensive collection of Russian trilobites if you look at my album. 

I should add that many of the specimens on the market are coming out of older collections. Newer material is a bit harder to come by at the moment due to some geopolitical friction over there, to put it mildly. 

So what would be a decent price to pay for the one in the photos since you obviously know about these? That one came from an inherited collection by the way.

• Enjoyed 1

We can't really discuss prices on the open boards as per forum rules. ;) 

That said, given the small size, orientation, and the B-grade prep, it shouldn't cost a weekend in Vegas.

• Enjoyed 3
  • Thank You 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Help with recent purchase, please.