Fossil bird ends up at the Field Museum

jpc

It's the one @Ptychodus04 Prepped! Cool that it ended up where people can enjoy it.

Edited by trilobites_are_awesome

Cheers!

James

32 minutes ago, jpc said:

I know I've seen that fossil somewhere before but I just can't place it... :zzzzscratchchin:

• Enjoyed 5
  • Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I know I've seen that fossil somewhere before but I just can't place it... :zzzzscratchchin:

I wonder who prepped it? They did a good job :zzzzscratchchin:

Edited by trilobites_are_awesome
  • I Agree 1

Cheers!

James

Very cool to have seen the journey this specimen has gone through. Congratulations on your great prep getting the attention it deserves @Ptychodus04.

I've been frequenting Illinois a lot lately, I might just have to take a trip to Chicago and see it in person. ;)

• Thank You 1

32 minutes ago, Collector9658 said:

Very cool to have seen the journey this specimen has gone through. Congratulations on your great prep getting the attention it deserves @Ptychodus04.

I've been frequenting Illinois a lot lately, I might just have to take a trip to Chicago and see it in person. ;)

it might be a while until they put it on display if they want to write a paper about it.  

• I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, jpc said:

it might be a while until they put it on display if they want to write a paper about it.  

Good call there. I'll have to checkup every once in a while on their current displays and plan a weekend trip there when it's certainly out for view.

That's awesome! The Field has an incredible Green River collection and display already, so this feels like a perfect home for it.

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

wow!

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

2 hours ago, deutscheben said:

That's awesome! The Field has an incredible Green River collection and display already, so this feels like a perfect home for it.

I’ve been trying to get up there for years. I believe they have the largest GRF collection in the world. I’m glad it’s going to them.

Marvelous place for this amazing bird and incredible job on it !

Coco

• Thank You 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Awesome to have a fossil one of the forum members prepped go to such a prestigious museum, and I'm glad this rare fossil will now be available for study by palaeontologists!

• I Agree 2