after work hunt

Newbie_1971

Once again hunted a bit after work. Found some crinoid pieces, a trilobite,  hundreds of gastropod casts, and what I  believe is a part of some type of trilobite in matrix. Any ideas?

20231108_154204.jpg

20231108_154241.jpg

20231108_161411.jpg

20231108_191401.jpg

20231108_192638.jpg

Looks like a cheek of an odontopleurid such as Meadowtownella crosotus. I’m not sure if the genus in this formation has changed to this from its assignment as Primaspis.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

Looks like a cheek of an odontopleurid such as Meadowtownella crosotus. I’m not sure if the genus in this formation has changed to this from its assignment as Primaspis.

Man I  really need to slow down. I  swear I  believe I  found a headless on of these today in matrix. But wasnlimited on time and couldn't confirm.  So left it. The other day I found a bumpy head moult and left it. I  am dropping the ball like crazy. I  sent money for a 3 year membership to dry dredgers yesterday,  going to order the book you suggested and one other ... ohio fossils. Thanks again man. I  appreciate all your help, along with everyone else's help in this group!

4 minutes ago, Kane said:

What’s important is you are finding things and enjoying the journey. :dinothumb:

I just hate to leave stuff like that. May never find another one. Often when I  am searching I  will leave a bunch of stuff. Thinking that someone that comes behind me will find it and enjoy it. Anymore I  leave alot of stuff that I  would have taken just a couple weeks ago. Even partial flexicalymene.  I  used to snatch up every piece of trilobite I found. Speaking of that, let me find a photo I  took

Look at these isotelus fragments! Finding lots like this, along with flexi partials.  I  am excited for a good rain !

20231107_152249.jpg