Megalodon tooth fossil to buy tomorrow! 6.34 inches

dongmin

This fossil is said to be a 6.34 inch x 4.88 inch Megalodon tooth discovered on the Indonesian island of Java!  It is estimated that the owner of this tooth was over 15 meters long!

IMG-20231107-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20231107-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20231107-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20231107-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20231107-WA0003.jpg

• Enjoyed 2

Indonesia is known for real large colorful Meg teeth which is fantastic.  On the other side they have a very bad reputation for adding or restoring roots on these teeth and a high percentage of them.  I'm not expert enough to be able to distinguish between good and bad, they do a very good job.  Urge caution..

Edited by TyBoy

26 minutes ago, TyBoy said:

인도네시아는 정말 크고 다채로운 메그 이빨로 유명합니다. 정말 환상적이죠. 반면에 그들은 이 치아에 뿌리를 추가하거나 복원하는 것에 대해 매우 나쁜 평판을 가지고 있으며 그 중 높은 비율이 있습니다. 나는 좋은 것과 나쁜 것을 구별할 만큼 전문가는 아니지만 그들은 아주 좋은 일을 합니다. 주의를 촉구합니다..

Does that seem to have been restored or not?

They say there will be no restoration. What do you think?

8 hours ago, dongmin said:

It is estimated that the owner of this tooth was over 15 meters long!

Crikey!

And he has such small hands!

• Enjoyed 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I don't see the typical "red flags" we often see on here, but I also don't know enough to know if it's restored, repaired or fake.  I, too, would be very careful in buying from Indonesia (I personally wouldn't buy one, but that's just me).  Hopefully, they will let you return it if you have any concern once you have it in hand. 

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

I have owned and sold a fair few Indonesian meg teeth. I personally also would never buy one I haven't held in my hands.

That said the roots are generally carved as they are usually preserved in sandstone. This is a carved root in my opinion but not to the point of adding loads of size and therefore value. It looks proportional.

The enamel on Indonesian megs is often really well preserved so this is a good trade off for the carved roots.

The enamel is only ok and I can't really tell how good the serrations are.

I don't like how the enamel appears dull in place, this makes me wonder if there is something amiss.

The size will make this an expensive buy and my gut feeling would be to walk away and wait for something that didn't have questions.

Unless as finlover says they will allow a return?

Anyway, this is only my opinion obviously!

Edited by mr.cheese
Typo

35분 전, Mr.cheese가 말했습니다:

나는 인도네시아산 메가 치아를 몇 개 소유하고 판매했습니다. 나는 반대로 손에 쥐지 않는 것은 절대 사지 않는 것입니다.

원칙은 일반적으로 사암에 반대하는 것으로서 일반적으로 조각 됩니다 . 내 생각에는 조각이 있다는 점과 가치를 추가하는 지점이 아닙니다. 당신이라면.

인도네시아 메그의 기초는 종종 잘 보존되어 있는 조각과 좋은 관계가 있습니다 .

괜찮은 고톱 모양이 얼마나 좋은지 실제로는 알 수 없습니다.

프레임이 포인트에 칙칙해 보이는 것이 마음에 쏙쏙 들어와야 하는 것이 의심스럽습니다.

크기 때문에 구매하는 비용이 많이 동료들과 직감적으로 질문이 없는 것을 기다리며 떠나고 싶을 것입니다.

finlover가 반대하는 것을 반대하지 않습니까?

어쨌든, 그냥 기다리기만 하면 됩니다 !

막상 보면 좋다고는 하는데 문제는 비싸다는거!

Screenshot_20231110-120310_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231110-120314_Chrome.jpg

I cant pick your prove me wrong statement to quote you.

Sorry I only offered my opinion based on my own experience with these teeth from this area.,

I am not going to search the internet for examples for you and aeon rocks seems to have found another one I wouldn't buy in the top image for you anyway (thank you).

I wouldn't buy it, my advice. It has a good pathological shape I give you that, but thats all it has.

You buy it if you like it, I am just one man!

7 hours ago, dongmin said:

막상 보면 좋다고는 하는데 문제는 비싸다는거!

Screenshot_20231110-120310_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231110-120314_Chrome.jpg