Which type of mosasaur?

LordWampa

Do you have access to this piece already? More close-up photographs of the teeth and checking the placement of alveoli would be useful. For, it looks like the dentary projects forward beyond what appears to be the first alveolus, which, if true, would indicate Hainosaurus boubker.

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

41 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Do you have access to this piece already? More close-up photographs of the teeth and checking the placement of alveoli would be useful. For, it looks like the dentary projects forward beyond what appears to be the first alveolus, which, if true, would indicate Hainosaurus boubker.

I don't have it, but I can ask for more photos. So a close up of the teeth would be the important one right?

11 minutes ago, LordWampa said:

I don't have it, but I can ask for more photos. So a close up of the teeth would be the important one right?

Seeing the condition of the piece, I think that might have the best chance of being diagnostic, yes.

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

2 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Seeing the condition of the piece, I think that might have the best chance of being diagnostic, yes.

Well so the seller says that he has already the piece in the package and don't want to take further photos of the piece (it's a random second hand seller that sells all kinds of collectibles so he doesn't understand the importance of this). The only other thing I have is this video.

So I guess I have to think if I want to take the risk, at worst it would be an unidentified mosasaur.

Yes, I agree with Alexander. The teeth look like Hainosaurus boubker (or maybe Mosasaurus ???). The rest of the bones appear to be non-diagnostic.