Looking for fossil hunting friends

biolenvs

I have been collecting for about three years now in various parts of West Virginia. I was thinking it might be nice to meet some others in the area that are interested in fossils and maybe do a couple trips to different localities. I would be happy to travel anywhere in WV and locations in neighboring states as well. 

I have included a picture of a nice Archimedes I recently found in Mercer County because we all love fossil pictures!

IMG_4230.jpeg

• Enjoyed 4

Can't help with the week to week, but if you ever find yourself in Connecticut, or Central/Eastern NY,  drop me a line.  ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'm a little bit further away, but, hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

• Thank You 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

do consider joining the local clubs.  Maryland natural history society fossil clubs have trips, and meetings available life or on zoom.  I agree it is more fun to go with friends.

1 hour ago, val horn said:

do consider joining the local clubs.  Maryland natural history society fossil clubs have trips, and meetings available life or on zoom.  I agree it is more fun to go with friends.

The club scene for WV is pretty sad.

To OP, you’re down in Mercer County. I have collected down there a few years ago but it’s been awhile. I’d definitely be interested in visiting any Carboniferous localities you’re willing to share in southern or eastern WV. 

4 hours ago, biolenvs said:

I have been collecting for about three years now in various parts of West Virginia. I was thinking it might be nice to meet some others in the area that are interested in fossils and maybe do a couple trips to different localities. I would be happy to travel anywhere in WV and locations in neighboring states as well. 

I have included a picture of a nice Archimedes I recently found in Mercer County because we all love fossil pictures!

IMG_4230.jpeg

Obviously I can't come as I live in Australia, but that's a lovely fossil bryozoan!

• Thank You 1

On 11/16/2023 at 9:00 PM, Fossildude19 said:

Can't help with the week to week, but if you ever find yourself in Connecticut, or Central/Eastern NY,  drop me a line.  ;)

Sounds great!

On 11/17/2023 at 7:10 PM, Elmo said:

I’m located in Centeal Maryland and I’d be game to join up as a group to go on a hunt in the future. 

Alright that sounds good. I haven’t gotten to hunt in MD much. I’ll PM you and maybe we can set up a time.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:41 AM, Nick G. said:

The club scene for WV is pretty sad.

To OP, you’re down in Mercer County. I have collected down there a few years ago but it’s been awhile. I’d definitely be interested in visiting any Carboniferous localities you’re willing to share in southern or eastern WV. 

I know one good Carboniferous locality in southern WV.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:25 PM, val horn said:

There is one club in WV, but they aren’t particularly active and despite attempting to join for the past two years, I have been unable to get any direct answers from them.

Maybe I’ll start my own club…

6 hours ago, biolenvs said:

I know one good Carboniferous locality in southern WV.

Ok well there’s definitely more than one good locality. :)

Hey friend, I’m up in the eastern panhandle of WV and am likewise always looking for other people to dig with. I usually go out towards the Wardensville area but have been other places as well. PM me if you’re interested in setting something up!

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

• 3 weeks later...