met another member today

Newbie_1971

I  had arrived to do some looking around and a truck pulls up and a guy hops out. He starts getting his gear together and I start up a conversation.  While talking he tells me that he had yet to find his first full trilobite.  So I tell him that they are there to be found, and start telling him what to look for, and we both start searching. I  ended up finding the first one. I left it and called him over for him to see it in situ.

After inspecting it we were back to looking some more. We find various other fossils, I believe he even found a crinoid calyx, and a small isotelus pygidium. Anyhow a bit later Ihear him say, look at that, and look over and ask if he found one. He had indeed! He had found his first roller! I  was so stoked for him! After congratulating him we hunted a bit longer then took off for a spot that he wanted to show me. Not long after arriving at the new location I found a dandy flexi roller, and a bit later an isotelus in matrix, not sure exactly how much is in there but plan on working on it a bit with the dremel at some point to find out. I  am hoping that he will add his finds to this thread once he gets home and gets them cleaned up. I  had fun, and it was nice to hunt with someone that has the interest that he does, and we plan on doing more hunting together in the future. The highlight of the day was seeing him find his first trilobite!

A few photos from today ...  I kept a cool hashplate with multiple types of brachiopods,  a horn coral, and a bryozoan colony or coral?? I  also found two rusophycus together but forgot it in the vehicle....may take photos of them later.

20231124_172035.jpg

20231124_172550.jpg

20231124_173931.jpg

• Enjoyed 6

On 11/25/2023 at 9:13 AM, Newbie_1971 said:

20231124_172550.jpg

Nice!

• Thank You 1

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana