Fossil sites near Canet-en-Roussillon

Guancho

Hello,

Apparently I'm going on vacation to Canet-en-Roussillon, in southern France. Does anyone know of any fossil sites nearby? I know southern France has some great sites but I don't know if they are more in the atlantic coast. I would love to search for shark teeth in particular, in Spain vertebrate fossils (I mean all fossils, but specially vertebrate ones) can't be picked up so I'm exxcited to see if I can find any in France.

11 minutes ago, jpc said:

even if you don't read German, it is a great book. 

Well, you are speaking "Swiss", at least ;)?

Franz Bernhard

Edited by FranzBernhard

1 hour ago, Guancho said:

It's a shame it's a bit over my budget because it looks awesome!

Yeah, 119 Euro is laughable! Original price was 37 Euro. This must still be cheaper somewhere out there!!

Franz Bernhard

9 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

Yeah, 119 Euro is laughable! Original price was 37 Euro. This must still be cheaper somewhere out there!!

Franz Bernhard

I am sure I did not pay anything close to that.  

And, my 'Swiss' is terrible.   : )   🤣

Edited by jpc
  • Enjoyed 1

On 12/3/2023 at 4:37 PM, marguy said:

you can search on the site http://infoterre.brgm.fr which presents the geological maps and their notices (choose map printed at 1/50,000) and you will find information on the region in which you can travel

That's what I was looking for!! Thanks!

hELLO  Canet en rousillon is in mediteranneen coast not in Atlantic coast. J dont know  this country j know near from Narbonne sea urshin and brachiopodes.

J collecting only fossils since 30 years old,ammonites,heteromorphe ammonite,crabs,fish trilobit, sea urshins, mammals, etc...J am married . Sorry for my enghish