ID's Needed - Moroccan phosphate beds shark teeth

Fossilssk

• Fossildude19 changed the title to ID's Needed - Moroccan phosphate beds shark teeth

To my eyes, left one looks like Cretalamna maroccana.

Middle one sand tiger like tooth. Not sure about species, but similar are often sold as Striatolamia macrota.

Right one looks like small Otodus obliquus.

Im not that great with shark teeth, so if Im wrong please correct.

• I Agree 1

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

I believe the one on the left is Cretalamna appendicula. If the center tooth is Striatolamia, then this tooth is from the same time period (Paleocene or early Eocene). The tooth on the right could be a Cretalamna appendicula anterior tooth. If you had the age of the formation these could be confirmed, the Moroccan stuff can be anywhere from Cretaceous to Eocene.

1 hour ago, shark57 said:

I believe the one on the left is Cretalamna appendicula. If the center tooth is Striatolamia, then this tooth is from the same time period (Paleocene or early Eocene). The tooth on the right could be a Cretalamna appendicula anterior tooth. If you had the age of the formation these could be confirmed, the Moroccan stuff can be anywhere from Cretaceous to Eocene.

I thought C. appendiculata was more of an US and C. maroccana more like African species? Otherwise I would have placed left one too as appendiculata.

(Edit: I might be confusing C. biauriculata in here.)

Edited by North

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

On 12/18/2023 at 4:06 AM, shark57 said:

Unfortunately, all I know is that it's from phosphate mines region of Morroco. But I believe I found one tooth of S. aschersoni (not in the photo)  which should be a cretaceous species, but the teeth could be just a mix from different periods. 

Serratolamna aschersoni is a late Paleocene to early Eocene species. Search here on the forum for it and you will see Eocene specimens.

14 hours ago, shark57 said:

Serratolamna aschersoni is a late Paleocene to early Eocene species. Search here on the forum for it and you will see Eocene specimens.

Oh, Thanks. I'll look into that. So in that case I believe that also the other teeth may be from the same period.

14 hours ago, shark57 said:

Oh, Thanks. I'll look into that. So in that case I believe that also the other teeth may be from the same period.