Lower Brazos River finds

JHO708

To me your second specimen looks like a piece of water worn quartzite.  However, your 3rd specimen is part of a tabulate coral. 

I’ll let others tackle the rest.  

Y’all’s Texas water does some pretty bonkers stuff to the color of your fossils. Down here you get to choose between dark brown or dark brown. :) 

I’m not sure I’d have been able to distinguish these from the flotsam and jetsam in the sieve. 

9/8/7 photos have that interesting honeycomb pattern. Subtle but definitely organized. Good eye!! 

Jp

• Enjoyed 3
  • I Agree 1

Thanks for sharing your finds!  For future reference, it will help people comment with ID's easier if you number the items somehow when you include several items in one post.

First item looks like petrified wood to me.

Item in 7, 8, and 9 could be a fragment of mammoth enamel.  I would want clearer pictures in daylight to be sure. That flip side in picture 9 really looks like the rough side of enamel to me. I can't strongly disagree with those saying coral, but I wouldn't normally expect coral where you're hunting.

I agree that the item in 10 and 11 looks like a shard off a horse tooth.

Item in the last three pictures looks to be mineral instead of fossil. Same for 4, 5, and 6. White river-worn, suggestively shaped stones.

• I found this Informative 3