Small Fossil + Shark Teeth Display Rikers Cases: Brand Recommendations? Links are greatly appreciated.

Hurricanerin

Hi all. I'm looking to hang/display some small fossil pieces (most under 5 inches) and, based on what I've read, Rikers boxes are recommended for that. I asked for a 16x12.75x.75" case for Christmas. I like the size (actually need something deeper), but they don't feel super sturdy and the lid is secured by two clips that you have to completely remove to open it. 

What Rikers boxes (or other display cases) do you recommend for hanging "framed" fossils on a wall? Specific links would be the most helpful.

Most riker mounts are secured with a pin on each side (or two pins for larger cases) that has to be pulled out in order to take the top off.  You can buy deeper riker mounts, but I haven't seen them in the smaller sizes. I don't think we can post specific links, but you should have no problem finding them online if you search for riker mounts. 

If you want another option, look at shadow boxes at a craft store.

Edit: PM sent

Edited by Fin Lover
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 2

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

My wife got me some wonderful glass topped wooden cases for christmas. I’m going to take out the fiber fill inside and use white foam with depressions cut out to hold the fossils securely.

IMG_0604.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

• Thank You 1

@Randyw, let us know how they work out once you switch to foam.  I've looked at these (and mentioned them to Hurricanerin via PM), just haven't tried them yet.

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

• JohnJ changed the title to Small Fossil + Shark Teeth Display Rikers Cases: Brand Recommendations? Links are greatly appreciated.
  • JohnJ locked this topic

As previously mentioned, commercial links and vendors are not allowed.  Topic is locked.  Please send any additional information information via PM.  Thanks.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ