Help with an ID

Semore Farrigamo

You still aren't saying anything about the mica. Sorry, but I'm not joining you, but am stepping out of this fruitless exchange which has just turned out to be a waste of time for me. You'll probably be happy to know that you won't be getting any more responses from me.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

12 hours ago, Semore Farrigamo said:

I do not, will not, and frankly, cannot stand idly by when approached by people with patronizing attitudes.

The members here have fairly unanimously and respectfully attempted to explain that your piece, while interesting, does not contain any apparent fossils.  

They have given you several avenues to research on your own if you wish to better identify this piece.  

Critical suggestions are part of the learning process here, and I have seen no sign that any members are intentionally patronizing you.  

It seems this thread has become unproductive, so I'm closing the thread.  We wish you luck in your personal search for more information.

• Thank You 3

• Brandy Cole locked this topic

We would respectfully suggest that the OP take his item to a natural history museum or university nearby, that has a paleontologist or geologist, at least, on staff.

Sometimes we can only do so much with pictures.

I don't think anyone was being patronizing, and I think talking around those points was unproductive, as well.

The consensus here is that this is some sort of geologic/mineralogic substance, and not a fossil of any kind.

We wish the OP best of luck in determining what kind of minerals he has.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me