If no identity, please throw a bone

Cynthia Wren

The more I look, the more I see. I need guidance and education about these fossils. The rocks (3) were found in Fulton County, New York. The first specimen shows some accidental shovel strike marks.It is shown with parts together in the 3rd pic.3rd specimen has 4 images-the second being a close up of the first shown. Each of all is quite weighty. (“please throw a bone” means tell me thoughts and opinions as well)                  Thank you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

The top photo looks like the result of weathering. The core being the material before the effects of the process penetrated to that depth. 

The second piece is chert. 

The third looks like turbidite. A rock formed of disturbed sediment deposited by an underwater landslide. 

These all look geologic in nature to me, rather than fossils.  :unsure:

• I Agree 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

They look like concretions to me. Nothing fossil, but often thought to be one. Basically, it's a stone/mineral in another stone. :thumbsu:

• I Agree 1

Are good signatures really that important ?

Thank you for your replies. In asking for bone throws, I received kind words (concretions mistaken as fossils do not a fool make - I WAS embarrassed by my mistake ) , a needed & beneficial rock formation education , and a summation that said it succinctly ( that bone nearly burst my bubble ) . I’m enriched.