Spinosaurus claw , real or fake ?

Hello, I saw this Spinosaurus claw for sale today and it looked "okay" to me . Clean , no matrix , good shape . But the photos are a bit weird : no near photos, photos just from two sides (maybe to hide restorations) . Whats your opinion on it ?

It was found in the Kemkem beds, morocco.

Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-33-09-355_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-32-42-744_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-32-55-059_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-33-32-971_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-29-19-33-21-471_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Are good signatures really that important ?

This is a carved claw. Composed by parts of stone and bone. No Spinosaurid claw. There are guides pinned on this tab ‘real or not’ that highlight the things to look for. 

• I Agree 2

22 hours ago, Phos_01 said:

This is a carved claw. Composed by parts of stone and bone. No Spinosaurid claw. There are guides pinned on this tab ‘real or not’ that highlight the things to look for. 

Are you Sure ? The back looks heavily restored , but the front part shows some small holes on closer Inspection . Maybe thats real ?

There was also this picture of two claws that i think look very similar to this one in Troodon's guide . In his guide he said These we're real .

Screenshot_2024-01-31-13-11-41-510_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

19 hours ago, Brevicolis said:

Are you Sure ?

Yes. The back looks the worst, the front looks beter, but still composed. If youre lucky a small piece of real claw is inserted, but i highly doubt it. This is a complete fabrication. 

3 hours ago, Brevicolis said:

In his guide he said These we're real

there are partly genuine . what we know today since then this claw would also not pass. 

Keep in mind 99% of what you see out there is not real, yes only 1% is the good stuff, and prepare to pay big bucks for it. If you can buy one, they don"t appear often. 

This is partial real claw, the tip is in very good condition and overal very beautiful bone structure. This is what you need to look for, now compare it with the composed ones.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Phos_01 said:

Ja. Die Rückseite sieht am schlechtesten aus, die Vorderseite sieht besser aus, aber immer noch gelassen. Wenn man Glück hat, wird ein kleines Stück einer echten Kralle eingeführt, aber ich bezweifle es stark. Dies ist eine komplette Erfindung. 

es gibt teilweise echte . Was wir heute wissen, würde diese Klaue seitdem auch nicht passieren. 

Denken Sie daran, dass 99 % von dem, was Sie da draußen sehen, nicht real sind, ja, nur 1 % ist das Gute, und bereiten Sie sich darauf vor, viel Geld dafür auszugeben. Wenn Sie eine kaufen können, kommen sie nicht oft vor. 

Dies ist teilweise eine echte Klaue, die Spitze ist in sehr gutem Zustand und insgesamt eine sehr schöne Knochenstruktur. Darauf müssen Sie achten, jetzt vergleichen Sie es mit den zusammengesetzten.

fe66e4af12794ede9d9093e52c4e1ada.MOV

Okay , theres a very big difference 😅

there are lot of funny claws on the market, I would assume 95% of them are carved from bones or complete build with material of stone, bone and gypsum.

A very nice Bananasaurus is in the www at the moment, crazy funny stuff...., fake of the month!

2e17d083-1cea-4bbd-8bf0-6d726bb0a939.jpg

8e47771c-1b14-4966-b76a-16748e4964f0.jpg

• Enjoyed 2
  • I Agree 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:22 PM, rocket said:

Bananasaurus

What a disgusting looking fabrication :default_rofl:

But in all seriousness, its pretty sad someone will probably buy this , and find out in time it was completely fake.

• I Agree 2

On 1/31/2024 at 1:15 PM, Brevicolis said:

There was also this picture of two claws that i think look very similar to this one in Troodon's guide . In his guide he said These we're real .

Screenshot_2024-01-31-13-11-41-510_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

shows a lot of fabrication, Some parts are carved and / or inserted. Might be it is partly real, but these are not more than 50%.

I have currently a very nice one in the lab and finish it next weeks to show how a 90% plus looks like