Allosaurus claw , real or fake ?

I saw this Allosaurus claw for sale today . I dont know how a real Allosaurus claw looks like , so I wanted to ask If its real or fake . It shows some bone texture at the back , but it looks a bit weird (to me).

It was found in Wyoming, where exactly wasnt said .

Its from the jurassic period .

11 cm in length .

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-50-00-930_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-49-42-008_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-49-51-507_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-49-31-145_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-49-15-605_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-48-48-222_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-30-08-49-05-372_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Are good signatures really that important ?

I agree with you.  Something 'fishy' about this?  I'm no expert but this just doesn't look right.  Blood lines seem wrong?

RB

looks hardly eroded at the posteriour end, but I would think it could be an original one. Ask the seller for more pics to be sure wether to think about adding in your collection or not

8 minutes ago, rocket said:

looks hardly eroded at the posteriour end, but I would think it could be an original one. Ask the seller for more pics to be sure wether to think about adding in your collection or not

I dont want to add it into my collection . Its way to expensive for me . See that guy on my profile picture ? Thats me ! A bit to expensive for me and my pocket money 😅

I just wanted to ask If its real or not, to see ,if its sold, if the buyer got something good or not .

• Enjoyed 2

Are good signatures really that important ?

It could have been that you are a super-rich heir :yay-smiley-1:

yep, those claws are really not cheap, but they are rare and to find a good one can take many many years

I hope to find one myself one day, we plan to go to the States next year to meet some dino-diggers. And go out in the field to catch a Skeleton, or claw, or bone....

• Enjoyed 2

From the pictures, I think it looks a bit odd, but it also looks pretty real.  Tough call on this one.  

rocket... call me when you get here.  

I have absolutely zero knowledge or expertise on these things, but I notice that the tip was broken off and has been glued back without any attempt at concealing the repair or at least making it less conspicuous. It would take an exceedingly astute forger, and one capable of very significant lateral thinking for deliberatedy introducing such a defect (which of course lowers the commercial value) while preparing a fake fossil. This point strongly suggests to me that the claw is real.

Edited by Ezio Bonsignore
wrong spelling
  • I Agree 1

This could be a real claw, with glued tip and lesser preservation. More or beter photos would be needed