species of trilobite?

syl1219s

Someone call it Paralejurus spatuliformis and others Paralejurus hamlagdadicus.

What is this?

image.png.01a4d40158d3f4df7d86f90517d9b01b.pngimage.png.ee66ea92bcc0722a665910d250f09f18.pngimage.png.8899b8df6da5f00b575c2f3df8d208f5.png

Edited by dlatpdud

• syl1219s changed the title to species of trilobite?

@piranha

Coco

• Thank You 2

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Paralejurus spatuliformis is a better match with the median rib subdivided by a shallow longitudinal furrow. mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.yimg.com%2Fok%2Fu%2Fassets%2Fimg%2Femoticons%2Femo71.gif&t=1707871779&ymreqid=23281213-8dc1-3cff-1c27-720005014b00&sig=bKTvUaIE4gkOdAXB3Vdmrg--~D

image.thumb.png.f3cb22d44bf2179ce18d6ad0eb03f313.png

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

I recognize this may be a long shot, but when I saw the trio of images posted, I immediately thought of this piece that I'm having trouble with. It was suggested to be a shell casting, but I'm not sure which shell or for certain. The overall shape and vertical lines are similar, although perhaps the lines on my piece are too straight to match to the images above. Would be interested to hear thoughts, even if it's a resounding "no"! 

29DD503D-CA0E-448E-BBE1-480C3D6946B0.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

3 hours ago, citronkitten said:

I recognize this may be a long shot, but when I saw the trio of images posted

Is this from your Peace River material you have been showing?  If so, then a resounding No is appropriate.  Even if from somewhere else, I think a shell imprint is many times more likely than a trilobite fragment, especially this trilobite.

• Enjoyed 1

6 minutes ago, ClearLake said:

Is this from your Peace River material you have been showing?  If so, then a resounding No is appropriate.  Even if from somewhere else, I think a shell imprint is many times more likely than a trilobite fragment, especially this trilobite.

Ah, great. Thank you for clarifying! Yes, it's from the Peace River; sorry, should've mentioned that. Will stick with shell imprint then - I was overly optimistic at the shape and lines. 

Cheers! 

• Enjoyed 1

4 minutes ago, citronkitten said:

Yes, it's from the Peace River

And I should have added that it is a resounding no if from the Peace River because trilobites are not known from Florida (except maybe a piece of one from a drilled well if I recall correctly).  The surface geology of Florida (and hence the material in its river beds) is all much too young for trilobites.

• Enjoyed 1

Just now, ClearLake said:

And I should have added that it is a resounding no if from the Peace River because trilobites are not known from Florida (except maybe a piece of one from a drilled well if I recall correctly).  The surface geology of Florida (and hence the material in its river beds) is all much too young for trilobites.

Oh, that's good to know! I figured it was because the fossil was missing some particular features, but knowing that it's highly unlikely to exist in the region is even more useful. Thank you again for the further clarification. Cheers~ 

• Enjoyed 1