Dromaeosaur claws from Judith River?

EvolEd

Hi everyone, 

I haven't posted in a long time as I've been busy with a toddler but have recently made some fun additions to the humble collection. I've been searching for years for a killing claw from a dromaeosaur from Hell Creek and recently stumbled on what could be a killing claw but from what's being identified as a dromaeosaur from Judith River. It's listed as 0.6" which is fairly small. Can anyone provide any more insight into what it could be? Whether they see any extensive restoration? Could it be a troodontid given it's small size? 

The seller is also offering what I can only guess is a walking foot claw of a dromaeosaur from Hell Creek. 0.8" It's the paler claw. 

These would be some of the last fossils on my life long dream list to have. I appreciate any help anyone can provide and I'll try to also post more as things settle down :)

cheers 

Marcus

Screenshot_20240218-170946_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-171035_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-171028_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-171050_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-171058_Chrome.jpg

I'm fairly certain I see a decent amount of restoration done on both of these claws, but I'm no expert. I'd recommend asking the seller about that. As for identification, maybe this guide could help some.

• Enjoyed 1

25 minutes ago, Frightmares said:

I'm fairly certain I see a decent amount of restoration done on both of these claws, but I'm no expert. I'd recommend asking the seller about that. As for identification, maybe this guide could help some.

Hi there, thanks for the link. The seller said less than 10% on either but it's hard to tell without it in hand. I've read all the guides but it's tough when I'm not familiar with the subtleties. 

I was hoping one of the dino claw experts on here might know at a glance. If you happen to know any still active and can tag them, it would be much appreciated as I've been away for some time. Any quick thoughts @Troodon if you're available?

The 0.6" size has me thinking either juvenile or less common, and I'm less familiar with Judith River vs. Hell Creek. 

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

Edited by EvolEd