I thought members might be interested in images of some pseudofossils in my mineral collection. 

Image 1 is of manganese oxide dendrites that were sold as a plant fossil in North Carolina. 

1) Manganese oxide pseudofossil.jpg

Image 2 is of a chrysanthemum stone that may be composed of a number of minerals (possibly feldspar in this sample); it is alleged to have healing properties. 

2) Chrysanthemum stone pseudofossil.jpg

Image three is of a pyrite disc.  Unlike some of my iron sulfide specimens it has not crumbled into an oxide pile over the years as a result of exposure to atmospheric humidity. 

3) Pyrite disc pseudofossil.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

2 hours ago, ntloux said:

I thought members might be interested in images of some pseudofossils in my mineral collection. 

Image 1 is of manganese oxide dendrites that were sold as a plant fossil in North Carolina. 

1) Manganese oxide pseudofossil.jpg

Image 2 is of a chrysanthemum stone that may be composed of a number of minerals (possibly feldspar in this sample); it is alleged to have healing properties. 

2) Chrysanthemum stone pseudofossil.jpg

Image three is of a pyrite disc.  Unlike some of my iron sulfide specimens it has not crumbled into an oxide pile over the years as a result of exposure to atmospheric humidity. 

3) Pyrite disc pseudofossil.jpg

Nice specimen. I have a pyrite dollar but unfortunately mine is crumbling.

• I found this Informative 1

Nice collection. Love the dendrites. Did you find these or buy them?

These specimens were purchased.  I was on vacation in N. Carolina when I found the dendrite in a tourist store and it was labeled as a plant fossil.  I do not appear to be lucky when it comes to finding fossil and mineral specimens .  Some of the few very nice specimens I have found disappeared while I was in graduate school.  I do have some nice flexicalymene trilobites I found in Mt. Orab OH as well as a  combined flexicalymene/isotelus pygidium plate.  I found a few fish fossils in the Green River formation.  The Ohio Highway Patrol once chased me and my son off of a road cut on I 275 near Batavia.