Just posting for those who wanna see cool teeth. This is my best megalodon tooth and my second largest meg being 4.5-4.6 inches. Found in a florida creek during my last trip.

IMG_6472.jpeg

IMG_6473.jpeg

IMG_6485.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpeg

• Enjoyed 6

2 hours ago, Michael1 said:

Just posting for those who wanna see cool teeth. This is my best megalodon tooth and my second largest meg being 4.5-4.6 inches. Found in a florida creek during my last trip.

I have hunted Peace River Fm for 15 years... This is a great find..  I have only ever seen one better.

Congratulations....

• Thank You 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

4 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

I have hunted Peace River Fm for 15 years... This is a great find..  I have only ever seen one better.

Congratulations....

Im fairly new to fossil hunting I think this is my second or third year collecting, and my first year hunting on the peace so im not really sure on how big megs get in the peace river area from what I've heard and from my experince the average size is between 1-2 inches. So out of curiosity what makes this find so special is it the size being abnormal or the color? I am super suprised you said it was the one of the best meg's you've seen out of the peace, also do you have a picuture of the other meg that you said was the best you've seen from the area? 

9 hours ago, Michael1 said:

Im fairly new to fossil hunting I think this is my second or third year collecting, and my first year hunting on the peace so im not really sure on how big megs get in the peace river area from what I've heard and from my experince the average size is between 1-2 inches. So out of curiosity what makes this find so special is it the size being abnormal or the color? I am super suprised you said it was the one of the best meg's you've seen out of the peace, also do you have a picuture of the other meg that you said was the best you've seen from the area? 

I find a couple of teeth over 3.5 inches each year.  Not all are of this Quality.  There have been a couple of 4 inch Megs produced out of the tributary creeks but the one I found was really torn up. 

JoesMegMay30thT.thumb.jpg.62aa412003bc5c804d31638915590b6a.jpg

This one is 112 mm but not Peace River Watershed

2018Sept12th_IMG_3289.jpg.df3573f0113f08667c2426bb3df65ba7.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"