Not another keichousaurus - sorry but need help

Hello! Sorry to add another keichousaurus to the forum but I was hoping to get some help. I've always wanted one of these but have never done it because I am worried it might be fake. So, if anyone could provide input, I would be super grateful. I looked at the things to look for both in reals and fakes and nothing really stood out to me about either being real or fake. I am okay with slight restoration but would like it to be as authentic as possible of course. I cropped the picture to respect the identity of the collector and dealer but some of you may have seen this, haha. Thanks in advance forum!

image.thumb.jpeg.e1d266cfb4fbd4768bc002cf40dbe603.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.e2c644183320ef94d7a62217a81cd4b5.jpeg 

Can you try to take some pictures of the head, the pelvic bones and the shoulders ? These are the parts that are the hardest to fake. So if they dont look natural, the Keichousaurus migth be fake or reconstructed. But on the pictures, it looks like a good Keichou to me :)

Are good signatures really that important ?

Thanks @Brevicolis here are some photos of the skulls. I don't have any of the pelvis right now but I can try and get some. image.thumb.jpeg.ca3fcd81b0370f951c2e6a5d84c8d6e1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.29de68e829cc6465a463c081e8832216.jpeg

Everything looks fine to me, ive compared my Keichousaurus whith yours, and everything matches.

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

IMG_0375.jpeg

Are good signatures really that important ?

It's real but poorly prepped.

Edited by JBkansas
  • I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

@fossil_fun no red flags, perhaps a small one at the right back foot, this one might be painted, but, might be

I add a pic of a perfect skull and right back foot to compare

1_3431_Keichou.thumb.jpg.539683067aa16d2a61e1b10b8e2b9fd4.jpg1_3424_Keichou_Kopf.thumb.jpg.55f534e3e414c5b20761bebb55d3e1eb.jpg

Edited by rocket
  • I Agree 1

Difficult to tell from the blurry detail pics, but looks like baby-/subadult keichs "prepared" partially with a grinder...