My new fossil display (Wunderkammer)

hadrosauridae

I am finally going to have my own dedicated fossil area in the house, in the centuries old tradition of the wunderkammer.

Sadly, I havent had time to even touch my fossils or work on preps for over 3 months now.  We have been renovating our house, but we doubled the size of the living room, so now I get my own part just for me.  I don't know what the builders' originally intended for little inset, but Its just perfect for a set of shelves. We used to have our television there.  After a lot of searching through marketplace I found a matching pair of barrister bookcases just a short 4 hour drive away (sarcasm).  I'm not loading fossils in them yet, as I plan on installing LED lighting in them, and I have to disassemble them again for that.  So now I have  the shelves, the wall above as well as the wall space to the right.  I dont plan on using the last 2 shelf units (on the floor atm) because I dont want the overall height. Thats the nice thing about these sectional lawyers bookcases, you can make them as tall (or not) as you want them.  I'll try to find a use for the last 2 sections in my prep shop.

20240303_195231.thumb.jpg.4bfeb6b788a1b8aa9aeeaa2b6ab641b8.jpg

20240304_072306.thumb.jpg.3948178d684abac3436b5a880efcf131.jpg

Edited by hadrosauridae
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 2

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin