Paleo_Adventure

Hello and thank you. Can you identify this UT find. it was supposed to be coprolite containing teeth but the matrix is so consistent I have my doubts. I had it scanned by a dentist. His thoughts are these are teeth but  young teeth because the roots are not separated. Other thoughts are plant material from a mineral water swamp. Horn coral (I collected plenty of those). Lastly, gypsum crystals.

The finder claimed he cut and polished it to see what it was for himself having never found coprolite like it before. He thought is was and sold as teeth in coprolite.

It's interesting but I don't believe it's what I paid for.

Thoughts on what it is?

Why matrix is so consistent internally?

Processed formed?

Thanks

PXL_20231113_221339002.jpg

PXL_20231113_221315726.jpg

PXL_20231113_221308698.jpg

PXL_20231113_221302603.jpg

PXL_20231113_221250196.jpg

PXL_20231113_221234916.jpg

PXL_20231113_221224347.jpg

Don't know where to start,  what teeth? A dentist saw teeth?   Obviously coral which is not found in coprolite which is not clear which is why he's never seen it before.  The pieces don't even match up, it almost looks like copal but it's not.  Lots of red flags.  Where is UT btw Utah?  What part?

Please provide us with more precise location and stratigraphy. I'm not seeing any teeth here. Looks more geological/mineralogical to me.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Thank you. Yes, UT is Utah. I didn't find this, so I cannot provide any information besides Utah unfortunately. 

Is anyone aware of a site like this for minerals and meteorites?