Is this a fossil?

Clarambn

Hi!
I found these two “stones” on a beach in Møn, Denmark today. The first photo I’m pretty sure is a fossil (I’m very new to this so not 100% sure,  but I saw one similar to it at the møn geo centre) does anyone know specifically from what? 
as for the second one, I’ve done a bit of research and I’m pretty sure it is just flint, but just incase, can anyone identify if it’s anything interesting? 
thanks in advance!! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The first looks like a solitary scleractinian coral from the local Cretaceous Chalk. (So be careful of the common descriptive term "horn coral" as that tends to mean rugose, so would be Palaeozoic.)

The second one could well be a sponge.

Tarquin

2 minutes ago, TqB said:

(So be careful of the common descriptive term "horn coral" as that tends to mean rugose, so would be Palaeozoic.)

That was exactly what I intended.  I may be wrong, but it is what I meant.  :rolleyes:  I'm not familiar with the geology there so if it is Cretaceous, you can indeed disregard the rugose horn coral suggestion.  I thought it looked like a really beat up one with the outer layer missing but you know the area better than I.

• Enjoyed 1