Shark tooth and rooted tooth from Morocco

Georgemckenzie

Hiya everyone I bought a lot a while back, going through it I found a rooted tooth that wasn’t mentioned, my best guess is due to the shape it’s a whale tooth, also there was a shark tooth unlike any other in my collection, any help with ids would be great thanks.

IMG_7714.jpeg

IMG_7715.jpeg

IMG_7716.jpeg

IMG_7717.jpeg

IMG_7718.jpeg

IMG_7719.jpeg

Nice teeth!

I could be wrong but the first one looks crocodilian to me. They have really long hollow roots like that.

Shark looks like a Meg ancestor, I'm going with Carcharocles angustidens since its serrated with small but distinct cusps.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Just now, jikohr said:

Nice teeth!

I could be wrong but the first one looks crocodilian to me. They have really long hollow roots like that.

Shark looks like a Meg ancestor, I'm going with Carcharocles angustidens since its serrated with small but distinct cusps.

Thanks, yeah my two guesses for the top tooth were whale or croc, the issue with the shark tooth is there was no label as to where it came from, so that’s what’s threw me off.

9 hours ago, Georgemckenzie said:

Thanks, yeah my two guesses for the top tooth were whale or croc, the issue with the shark tooth is there was no label as to where it came from, so that’s what’s threw me off.

Thankfully Meg and it's ancestors don't need proximity for an ID. It still helps of course, but it's not required to pin down a species of the right parts are preserved well enough.