I have decided to cash in my IRA and put the money into this rare, baby Mosasaur, I feel in the long run, with appreciation of the  rare piece, I can beat the 16.78% return I had last year in the stock market. I am impressed at how robust infant mosasaurs were. They were obviously strong swimmers from birth! In the off chance, that there may be a small amount of repair; I am posting it here for opinions.

babymoasaur.png.97b98510b0638029d64142157df7f9a0.png

• Enjoyed 4

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Piece of art or junk, whatever you want to call it  <_<

Real teeth and bones, but ill guarantee you, they're most likely not from the same individual. They're just some random vertebras, bones, and teeth put together whith plaster. Please stay far, far, faaaaar away from it, and please dont buy it.

Edited by Brevicolis

Are good signatures really that important ?

Those look like real verts. I mean, why waste them with such an obvious forgery, you might as well make the whole thing out of plaster.

17 minutes ago, Brevicolis said:

Please stay far, far, faaaaar away from it, and please dont buy it.

It appears like he bought it.

Its definitely a composite.

Cheers!

James

15 hours ago, trilobites_are_awesome said:

It appears like he bought it.

Its definitely a composite.

Sir Snolly is much too savvy in the ways of fossil purchasing,  to fall for such obvious fakery. 

I reckon his intention here was to highlight this little monstrosity (not the good kind) of forgery, and clue in some otherwise clueless would be purchasers.  ;)

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Seems to look like, If i misunderstood there something. If that was really the Intention in buying it, i want to excuse myself. I thougth He was a new one who just fell into a moroccan mosa trap.

Are good signatures really that important ?

1 minute ago, Brevicolis said:

Seems to look like, If i misunderstood there something. If that was really the Intention in buying it, i want to excuse myself. I thougth He was a new one who just fell into a moroccan mosa trap.

Snolly has been collecting fossils longer than you have been alive, I'll warrant. ;)

Humor and sarcasm are sometimes hard to interpret when English is not your first language.  :)

• Enjoyed 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

And it's not even April Fool's Day yet. :Sweating:

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

Sorry if I mislead anyone. I thought this was too good of an example to pass on posting it. :heartylaugh:

• Enjoyed 2
  • I Agree 2

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I dont know what you all are talking about… that’s obviously not a mosasaur! That’s actually the much rarer and more valuable only existing example of a baby dragon! It obviously fell into a mineralizing spring and was petrified in a way never before seen or encountered!why this amazing discovery will turn the scientific world on its ear! A very valuable addition to the stately snolly manor! 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 3

snolly... too late... I bought it out from under you....  

But it is Moroccan...maybe they have a second (and third and fourth) one

Edited by jpc
  • Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, Randyw said:

I dont know what you all are talking about… that’s obviously not a mosasaur! That’s actually the much rarer and more valuable only existing example of a baby dragon! It obviously fell into a mineralizing spring and was petrified in a way never before seen or encountered!why this amazing discovery will turn the scientific world on its ear! A very valuable addition to the stately snolly manor! 

Your keen analysis deftly reveals many truths. It is deficit in one regard. The current specimen is the second known, baby dragon! The original and more complete; resides within the treasure vaults beneath Stately snolly Manor. 

DSC_1073.thumb.png.3e32595541c1e29304a135f7a905d057.png

• Enjoyed 3

1 hour ago, jpc said:

maybe they have a second (and third and fourth) one

:heartylaugh:

It must be all good it’s sitting on a field jacket. And the Mosasaur younglings had no need for ribs or flippers, better defense . Just solid vertebra all the way! 

What do you call a baby Mosasaur? E.g. a baby cow we call a calf. I guess this one is a mess-osaur overall 

• Enjoyed 1

Got me thinking from what is a baby Mosasaur called….thought should be what we call its closest living relative. Snakes and monitor lizards - hatchling. But did mosasaurs lay eggs? 

https://eartharchives.org/articles/a-new-beginning-for-baby-mosasaurs/index.html#

A tangent but - that’s how my brain works sometimes! Especially after coffee :headscratch:

• Enjoyed 1

Obvious clue it isn't real...the teeth should be 'baby teeth' instead of adult teeth. Not gonna fool anyone with that cuss word mistake! :shakehead:

And talk about robust...this critter is so heavy it would be slithering through the seabed mud, imo

• Enjoyed 2