Crayfish or Pseudostacus hakelinsis?

GEORGE-GR-68

Hi group, is this a kind of fossil Crayfish or Pseudostacus hakelinsis?

Origin: acquired from Byblos, Lebanon but which exact deposit this comes from is unknown.

Specimen size; 4 x 2 cm approx.

Any help as always much appreciated

P3.jpg

P2.jpg

P1.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Hmm, Pseudastachus is a valid genus ( and not Pseudostachus), but I think the correct name is Notahomarus hakelensis (Fraas, 1878).

• I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

@GEORGE-GR-68

Just wondering, ... what is a "Crave"?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Posted (edited)

First many thanks to the members who responded this was great help.

When Greek is your native language, not English and you post just before going to sleep and in rush, expect mistakes to happen.

1. I meant crayfish (karavida in Greek) , looks like shrimp but has ''calipers". I thought it maybe a crayfish fossil as I could not see clearly in my specimen any antennas,
also it is too small just ~ 40 mm length, too small for a lobster (but obviously I should judge with the biology standards of million years ago, not of today), I even wondered if it had to be a baby lobster , I see in wikipedia now that Notahomarus hakelensis can reach 90 mm, so 40 mm makes sense. Also the various photos on the web I had seen were for similar specimen of more than 70 mm, that's why I had doubts about my item.
2. Pseudo in Greek means ''false" and astacus means ''lobster'' so instead of saying correctly Pseudastachus I said wrongly  Pseudostachus, 
Again thanks guys

Edited by GEORGE-GR-68
mispell
  • Thank You 1

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Crayfish or Pseudostacus hakelinsis?