The slowly growing collection of Brevicollis

Brevicollis

My four mid to small siced Triceratops teeth.

Species : Triceratops horridus

Formation : Hell Creek formation, Carter County, Montana

Sice (left to right) 2,7 cm, 2,9 cm, 2,7 cm, 1,4 cm

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

My most critical, interesting, controversial, and hot debated tooth of a mammal, might be human, might be deer, might be everything.

It was identified in a Facebook group as human, but this Forum had some other wild ideas, nobody agreed on everyones opinion, so its still a mystery.

If you have an idea, please let me know in the comments !

Species : mammal indet.

Formation : Clay cliffs, Hejlsminde, Denmark

Sice (crown) 0,8 cm, (full tooth) 2 cm

IMG_0884.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpeg

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Posted (edited)

Ichthyosaur tooth

Species : Temnodontosaurus trigonodon Thanks,@pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon for identifying it !

Formation : somewhere around Buttenheim, Germany

Sice : 0,8 cm

IMG_0887.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

Edited by Brevicollis
  • Enjoyed 2

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:21 PM, Brevicollis said:

Next is my giant partially rooted Titanosaurid tooth.

Species : Titanosaurid indet.

Formation : Kemkem beds, morocco

Sice : 8 cm

IMG_0871.jpeg

IMG_0872.jpeg

You aware that 75% is not original?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, JorisVV said:

You aware that 75% is not original?

Really ? Really ?! Please just say its the root, please just say its the root, god, please have mercy...

Im a very young collector, I only have pocket money, and this tooth nearly drained all of it !
Was it really for a cheap and bad specimen ?! Really ! 
Man im so sad right now im about to cry, so much hard earned pocket money, for a cheap fabrication. 

I cant sell it, maybe refund it, but its been almost one year since I bought it, I dont want to throw it in the trash bin ! I noticed there was something off about the root, but I wanted to be happy with my tooth and dont want to accept the fact, that its mostly a fabrication. I had made a topic about this tooth before, but whenever I hear its mostly fake, I dont want to accept that as it was so much money and everytime it nearly makes me cry...
How should I handle with it ?

Edited by Brevicollis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Posted (edited)

Species : Steneosaurus

Formation : somewhere around Buttenheim

Sice : 1,7 cm

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

Edited by Brevicollis
  • Enjoyed 4

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

1 hour ago, Brevicollis said:

Formation : somewhere around Buttenheim, Germany

If someone knows, where this type of rock accours, and how old it is, please say it. Something seems wrong with the age.

I also know these teeth as coming from Buttenheim, though don't know the exact location. They date back to the Toarcian (176-183 myo), making them the same age as what's being found at Holzmaden, though the matrix over there, of course, consists of oil shale. The faunal assemblages, however, are equivalent.

Species : Ichthyosaur indet. @pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon, do you have an idea ?

IMG_0887.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

The fine anastomosing ridglets in the tooth identify it as Temnodontosaurus trigonodon.

31 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

Wow, that's a nice one! Wouldn't mind adding one this quality from Buttenheim to my collection! :D

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

38 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

Tricky one. If you're still in contact with the original seller, you might try reaching out to them for a refund. And if you still like the looks of it, you can always keep it for the aesthetics of it. Other than that, it really depends how much you value your integrity... 🤷🏻‍♂️

• I found this Informative 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Wow, that's a nice one! Wouldn't mind adding one this quality from Buttenheim to my collection! :D

You know its something good, when even the experts dont mind it, and want it for their collection :)

Edited by Brevicollis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

13 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

Other than that, it really depends how much you value your integrity... 🤷🏻‍♂️

My english isnt that good, the translation doesnt make to much sense to me, are you able to say that in easier words ?

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Really ? Really ?! Please just say its the root, please just say its the root, god, please have mercy...

Im a very young collector, I only have pocket money, and this tooth nearly drained all of it !
Was it really for a cheap and bad specimen ?! Really ! 
Man im so sad right now im about to cry, so much hard earned pocket money, for a cheap fabrication. 

I cant sell it, maybe refund it, but its been almost one year since I bought it, I dont want to throw it in the trash bin ! I noticed there was something off about the root, but I wanted to be happy with my tooth and dont want to accept the fact, that its mostly a fabrication. I had made a topic about this tooth before, but whenever I hear its mostly fake, I dont want to accept that as it was so much money and everytime it nearly makes me cry...

Blue is fake. Red is a composite. Please in the future dont spend money too easily. Especially on moroccan items. As they are fabricated so much. Feel always free to message me or anyone on future aquiries.

Screenshot_20240501_223307_Chrome.jpg

• I Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Well, I was kinda new to fossil fakes and didnt knew about this Forum at the time. So I did not recognized it as one, and couldnt post it here.

Edited by Brevicollis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

My english isnt that good, the translation doesnt make to much sense to me, are you able to say that in easier words ?

So if you want to be an honest person, you can't sell it on, is what I was hinting at ;)

• I found this Informative 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

So if you want to be an honest person, you can't sell it on, is what I was hinting at ;)

In a couple of days, here will be a big fleamarket. I think I want to sell it there with the information that there were heavy restorations done on it, to get at least half of my money back. I wont scam anybody, as theyll get the information and I think the right price for it. And then, I have space in the presentation chamber for a souvenir from Norway ;-)

(Its a mid siced sperm whale tooth from 1930, we have the papers for it)

Edited by Brevicollis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

I would agree with Pachy.

If I would see that Steneosaurus or Temnodontosaurus for sale, I would most likely try to get it. (If I would have more funds at the moment). 

• I Agree 1

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

51 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

In a couple of days, here will be a big fleamarket. I think I want to sell it there with the information that there were heavy restorations done on it, to get at least half of my money back. I wont scam anybody, as theyll get the information and I think the right price for it. And then, I have space in the presentation chamber for a souvenir from Norway ;-)

Be aware, though, that in the hands of the wrong person, a tooth that comes with a label of being heavily restored will find its way back to being fully authentic.

51 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

(Its a mid siced sperm whale tooth from 1930, we have the papers for it)

Oh, that's very cool! Would still want to get me one of those!

1 minute ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

tooth that comes with a label of being heavily restored will find its way back to being fully authentic.

Yes, but then this particular tooth would be in this Forum, and maybe the interested buyer will see it before he actually buys it.

But you are right, but otherwise, I have no Idea what to do with it.

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

41 minutes ago, North said:

I would agree with Pachy.

If I would see that Steneosaurus or Temnodontosaurus for sale, I would most likely try to get it. (If I would have more funds at the moment). 

Wait, are these teeth rare ? I saw them so often on different websites, and thought that theyre quite common 😅

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

Wait, are these teeth rare ? I saw them so often on different websites, and thought that theyre quite common 😅

They are...

12 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

Yes, but then this particular tooth would be in this Forum, and maybe the interested buyer will see it before he actually buys it.

But you are right, but otherwise, I have no Idea what to do with it.

And, yes, I do understand you. Just pointing out what to take into consideration. It's a tough choice you're facing... But ultimately one you need to make for yourself.

Edited by pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Brevicollis said:

Atleast for me for example, finding these teeth online is difficult. Steneosaurus teeth I see sometimes, but often without the tip. Or very expensive if shop is outside of Germany.

I don't remember seeing Temnodontosaurus tooth for sale, but I have not looked for that long.

And actually I did not know you can buy German ichthyosaur fossils before Pachy mentioned about it. And even then I needed to ask help of friends from Austria.

Edited by North

There's no such thing as too many teeth.

Posted (edited)

Now, all of my Mosasaur fossils

Species : Thalassotitan atrox@pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon,  thanks for identifying it

Formation : Khouribga, morocco

Sice : 5 cm

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0891.jpeg

Edited by Brevicollis
  • Enjoyed 1

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Posted (edited)

Species : Thalassotitan atrox@pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon, thanks for identifying it

Sice : 3,7 cm

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

Edited by Brevicollis

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

A partial Globidens jaw, teeth were placed back in, but they belong to each other

Species : Globidens phosphaticus

Sice : 7 cm long, 6 cm high

IMG_0899.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Prognathodontid tooth with slight deformaties, @pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon, need you identifying it again...

Species : Prognathodontid indet.

Sice : 4 cm

IMG_0902.jpeg

IMG_0901.jpeg

I like fossils...

Thats all I have to say.

Species : Globidens phosphaticus

Sice : 3 cm

IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0903.jpeg