Indian ceremonial tool or pipe?

JIMMFinsman

Found another bone, this one indeed is fossilized as I did the burn test and it's also very heavy and rock like. 

Of interest is that it is perfectly halved and the interior of the bone has been coated with some sort of brown liquid. If you zoom you can see how it absorbed into the bone. Very interesting!! Please comment if you've seen anything like this.  I also found a small arrowhead on the beach and that makes 5 in 11 years all found on the beach.  Delaware nation. 

PXL_20240508_173907237.thumb.jpg.8d751f107926461cc52ab761660e83ac.jpg

PXL_20240508_173914872.jpg

PXL_20240508_173919694.jpg

PXL_20240508_173922892.jpg

You may be a able contact the Sam Noble Museum at Oklahoma University with an email and include some photos of your items.  They could probably tell you some info. This one looks like it could possibly be a broken awl or broken beamer, but I'm no expert.

Very interesting I will reach out to them tomorrow. Thanks!

So it's a deer bone (probably) polisher. A bone beamer would have a ridged edge or other shape to scrape with.  Bone Polisher has what you see here and amazingly still stained with the tanning material.  Crazy!  I see age of these bone tools in north America from 1M years to Medieval times.