• New Members

Hi all, Ive stumbled across a beautifully preserved thylacine canine fossil, unfortunately I don't have it with me but will upload some pics shortly when I do, you can still clearly see the grain of the tooth, the tip is worn down slightly and looks amazing, I was walking my dogs through the old gold diggings around Bendigo in Victoria Australia, and being in gold country one is forever keeping an eye on the ground. To be honest I'm much happier with the tooth than a little gold nugget, does anyone know of rarity and potential value of such a thing? Again, sorry about no pics will be uploaded asap

We do not do evaluations on the forum.

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco.:)

Unfortunately, as Daniel says, monetary valuations are not permitted as per the forum rules.

But I look forward to seeing the photos.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• New Members

I'm not so interested in the value tbh more so the rarity idk if there are many out there, also if someone was able to use it for any sort of research or whatever, Ive gone back over where I found it looking for more with no success but anyone in Australia who would like to know where I'm happy to send you exact location, I would like to think there's more in the vicinity but who knows. Tha is for the reply anyway will have that pic up in a week or so when I get home

I would assume that it's pretty rare.  Pretty much any predator canine is going to be rare, depending on locality.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the photos!  Thylacine is one of my favorite animals.

-Jay

''...science is eminently perfectible, and that each theory has constantly to give way to a fresh one.''

-Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jules Verne

• New Members

Oh man I'm so sorry I waited till I was 100 miles away to post about it!! I've had it for about 5 years and is one of my most treasured possessions, the tooth itself is like a dentist removed it! It's 100% complete, the entire root is intact, you can clearly see like growth rings or the grain of the tooth on one side in particular, that distinctive curved  canine tip that can only be Tassie tiger. I knew what it was the moment I saw it...Ive probably teased enough I'm very sorry not long to wait...i will post pics hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week. Really happy to have people interested in it cheers guys

• I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, maddychop said:

Oh man I'm so sorry I waited till I was 100 miles away to post about it!! I've had it for about 5 years and is one of my most treasured possessions, the tooth itself is like a dentist removed it! It's 100% complete, the entire root is intact, you can clearly see like growth rings or the grain of the tooth on one side in particular, that distinctive curved  canine tip that can only be Tassie tiger. I knew what it was the moment I saw it...Ive probably teased enough I'm very sorry not long to wait...i will post pics hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week. Really happy to have people interested in it cheers guys

No sweat, cheers

-Jay

''...science is eminently perfectible, and that each theory has constantly to give way to a fresh one.''

-Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jules Verne