Tips wanted for a fossil hunting excursion to Netherlands

Bono

• New Members
Posted (edited)

My girls ( 8 and 9 )  have become fascinated by dinosaurs and fossils.  They built up a collection of ammonites and shark teeth. Now i'm also hooked :-) !
The kids  heard there are places/beaches in the Netherlands that would be good for 

looking and starting a collection.  I am  very willing to bring them there for a weekend and wondered if anyone had any

tips on locations and what to expect to find.   I did some research and the recommendations for places by different folks can be 

contradicting.  Since it's an 7 hour drive to the Netherlands ( nearest coastline to us ) I would love one definitive location where it would really be worth our while

visiting.   

Thanks in Advance... 

Edited by Bono

• Bono changed the title to Tips wanted for a fossil hunting excursion to Netherlands

If you would take the time to search our Fossil Sites Europe pages, you would come up with things like this.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Where do you live, approximately?  There must be places to fossil hunt, even for kids,  closer than a 7 hour drive.

Don

• I Agree 1

Probably Zandmotor in the Netherlands. Try to message zmfossils or niels__zm on Instagram for more info. I don't think I have seen them around here on TFF.