Atoothsatooth42

Posted (edited)

Hello! Reporting again with another successful Paleocene epoch hunt! Got there quite early in the morning and had the whole beach to myself for 3 hours, pays to get up early!

The tide was great, amazing fossil beds all up and down the beach, I couldn’t keep myself from vacuuming up every interesting fossil insight! The usual collection of sand tigers, ray plates and turrittela, with some nice sea glass scattered around, as well as what was a bread crumb trail to my find of the day.

I found the corner of an Otodus first, my initial thought was, “Well, at least I’m not getting skunked by the otodus gods today!” Followed by the tiny otodus, always a fun find. I was getting warmer until, finally, laying out beautifully in the shadows of the cliffs, was this awesome, great quality Otodus. Grinning from ear to ear, I felt that my day was made from that point on.

I found it early in the hunt, so it felt like it was going to be a great Otodus day. Alas, it was simply just a great day instead. No complaints in the slightest! Fossil hunting for me is like therapy, every fossil is a dopamine bump. From a cool shell, to a blade-less shark tooth root. But when you find that tooth that you were hoping for, your week is always made. 

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0388.jpeg

Edited by Atoothsatooth42
  • Enjoyed 12

Nice finds! Thanks for sharing! I see a big tooth in your future

• Enjoyed 1

16 minutes ago, Bjohn170 said:

Nice finds! Thanks for sharing! I see a big tooth in your future

Thanks! Trying to share what I find during most of my trips. I hope so, I’m putting in the time!

• Enjoyed 1