Gainesville Tooth Hunters

fossiljunkie

i was planning a trip to gainesville soon.i was just wondering if there are gainesville area hunters that are searching during july and august or are you guys waiting for slightly cooler september or october temps, or even winter searching. i know it can get extremely hot in the next month or 2 and was wondering if you guys think i should attempt july/august or wait until sept/oct or later for a visit to gainesville.any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

Wait until the first couple hard freezes. The heat is almost unbearable, but most of all...the mosquitoes are insane. You won't be able to stay standing in any 1 place for more than 5 seconds if you go within the next few months. It's miserable.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Yes, its hot, the creeks are full of water, and its snake central. But it can be a good time to go after all these rains. Take plenty of water and a towel. Waiting later and you will have alot of hunters and going over the same areas thats been hunted. I've taken a licking in the heat but it was worth it.