Meg Mawl's 7" Megaldodn Teeth

meg123

• 2 weeks later...

My new website is www.fossilrestorations.com. The tooth of Vito's that people talk about is shown before I repaired it. It shows the display side before it was repaired. As you can see all three points are intact.

Yeah, Isurus is right about the tooth Steven is (was?) brokering; the repair was only to the enamel and bourlette. Karen Chadwick did the repairs. Until recently, pictures of the tooth before and after repairs could be found on her site; however, the site's no longer active.

My new website is www.fossilrestorations.com.

Interesting picture with the meg jaw in the woods! You must have spend quite some time and effort to do it. :-)

Edited by Mexx

• 3 years later...

The .bmp's are not showing up as a thumbnail, so here are the ones that wRick uploaded ...

From MegMawl.com

CMX7INCH - EXCEPTIONALLY RARE, 7" tooth from the Cooper River, SC. Found by divers in the mid 1990's. There are very likely only about sixteen, 7 inch teeth ever found. We know of only one other tooth that was a natural 7" tooth when found. It sold for $10,000 in the mid 90's. It was in ragged shape and has in all likelihood been restored by now. Many of the other teeth were 6" teeth that were restored to bring them back to a 7"+ slant height. This tooth is heavily phosphatized. Heavily phosphatized teeth will "ring" like fine crystal when balanced in the center and tapped with a fingernail.

This tooth a very unique tooth because:

It is a FIRST LATERAL.

It is PATHOLOGICAL.

Its HUGE, UNRESTORED, NATURAL size.

Its weight.

Its phosphatization.

Its coloration.

There is absolutely no restoration whatsoever.

$25,000

post-92-0-70942300-1382410248_thumb.jpg

post-92-0-62979100-1382410259_thumb.jpg