Bohunters Fossils

Guest BOHUNTER

Guest BOHUNTER

Ive been fortunate to be able to get certification OW, AOW, and Nitrox and now I can view the world from underwater. Ive been to 131 fsw on the Oriskany to the dark Suwannee River. Ive actually been in places that if I wasnt with a dive buddy aint no way Id go in. But what the heck, might be something positive come from the dive. Ive seen some really cool places and Ive been spooked more than a million times already. Some nice waters in the Chipola and limited viz in some rivers. Ive got some great friends who love the hunt also, they have exposed me to this awesomely unique hobby!

IMG_1129-1.jpg

My very first River Dive yielded me one of the neatest pieces Ive found so far. A nice fragment of a Giant Beaver. Its about 3.5" long and nice brown enamel.

IMG_1115-1.jpg

Here are a pair of killer pig teeth. I found a since molar recently and didnt know what it was, well here are two much larger teeth in almost pristine condition of the crowns.

IMG_1145-1.jpg

Edited by BOHUNTER

Guest BOHUNTER

Some Deer fossils.

IMG_0670.jpg

I believe this is a Tapir Tibia. :unsure: Unknown injury or adolecent animal that hasnt fused at the time of death?

IMG_0673-1.jpg

Edited by BOHUNTER

Very nice collection. B) I love the colors!

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

You are indeed fortunate -- To live in a place where such a hobby is possible. I feel much the same. It is an addiction. In my early 40s, I dived with my daughter, just to strengthen the bonds, but it has been a decade since I put an aqualung on.

Sometimes , looking at the finds on this forum, I think of it again. Nice Collection!!!

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

That is a tibia.

I believe this is a Tapir Femur. It has an unknown or adolecent animal that hasnt fused at the time of death.

IMG_0673-1.jpg

Some Deer fossils.

IMG_0670.jpg

I believe this is a Tapir Tibia. :unsure: Unknown injury or adolecent animal that hasnt fused at the time of death?

IMG_0673-1.jpg

That is one big deer jaw.

Any Elk around there?

Congrats on the diving License.

Edited by reef

Jeff

That is one big deer jaw.

Any Elk around there?

Congrats on the diving License.

Good eye, 'reef' -- the curve of the ramus suggests juvenile cow . . . a calf.

Here is deer (three adult molars and three deciduous premolars) for comparison:

post-42-037797900 1281922188_thumb.jpg

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Guest BOHUNTER

Ya know when I posted that pic I said to myself that thing sure is curved? Deer have a more flat jaw line.. Ill go dig it out of the water.... its seems recent not very fossilized though, might be the angle of image too. Glad yall picked up on that, now I can check it out.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

cool steve, folks the reason he got into diving is becuase he tried digging ONCE and it was too hot for him, lol He is addicted to it and for good reason too. He has one of the best unknowns taking him under his wing and teaching him the correct way.

DUDE I LOVE THAT DISPLAY CASE

faith is a journey not a destination

www.rockhobbies.com

Guest BOHUNTER

That Mako and Meg is gonna cost me a Killer Ric tooth, knapped pieces, fossils, and a handshake one day! ... LOL

What was the tiny scute or tooth, dont have a pic of it, but placed it on the paper. Its maybe 1/8th dia???

I see HOLOGRAMS of points in the background!! LOL Took my best pieces out to make room for these .... LOL

Edited by BOHUNTER

• 1 year later...

That tooth is a drum tooth.

Sorry for a one year later post.

Glad you like them!

Edited by LeeCreek2thHntr