I Would Like To Purpose A Suggestion

Crinoid Queen

A bunch of us in the chat room the other night were wondering why their wasn't like an off shoot groop of the forum for a tri state area? We were thinking that it would be cool to have unoficial meetings amoung the people lets say in like MI, IN and IL for example. Than it would be easier to maybee get to know every one in our area and have fossil hunt get together. Maybee we could even get permission to get into restricted areas if we have more localized clubs? It is just a suggetstion. What do you guys all think?

-CQ

I think that's great idea, but I'm from Texas....... so what do I know. ;)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

In the forum's earlier days, people would volunteer to host "Forum Trips" in certain popular places. Anson and myself did one down in the Peace River, some people did some on the Calvert Cliffs, MD and some other places. Just make sure the "host" knows the area the trip will be done in.

Make a topic saying where you want to set up a trip for, choose a meeting place and time and then tell everyone who thinks they might want to make it to reply to the topic or send you a PM. You'd be surprised at how many people will jump on an opportunity to meet other collectors and go hunting with them.

Although I don't see the need for a tri state board (then everyone will want a similar board for their area also), I do agree that having a board that was for nothing but looking for hunting buddies, organizing trips, meeting other forum members at shows and things like that might be useful. All the scuba diving and metal detecting forums have a "Find Diving/Hunting Buddy" board which is somewhat similar.

What do you guys think?

-Cris

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

B) Not from that area ,but I think it is a great idea.Anytime friends can get together to do something they all enjoy is a win win situation. :D

Bear-dog.

I suggested the exact same thing about a year ago. No one listened. Hopefully something will happen this time.

Edited by TheFossilHunter