Any Dino--Maybe

Foshunter

Just returned from a trip to Georgia and was suprised to have some comments concerning a post I made several weeks ago "Any Dino ?" Well here goes--I have been cautious about this post fearing I would be put in timeout for being a nut, but this bone came from the Sulphur River many years ago ( 30 yrs) when I hunted and the only prints were mine and the local coyote. It was found in two pieces and glued together, weighs 7 lbs, 11 1/2 in. long and is heavly mineralized. I have found a lot of weird things in the channel, that's what the locals call it, but this is by far the strangest. Lately there has been a plethora of almost identifiable fossil rocks, hope there is someone on the Forum that can help. OK!!--Here comes the part I dread but will let the chips fall where they may, I believe it is a Hadrosaur toe bone from an animal that died and floated out into the Cretaceous sea and sank to the bottom. SOOOOO!! What do you think?--Tom

post-3940-061728000 1284940709_thumb.jpg

post-3940-038118500 1284940714_thumb.jpg

post-3940-068464500 1284940719_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Whatever the species was that donated the to posterity, I don't think it's a toe bone, unless you include the metatarsals with the phalanges.

post-423-028233200 1284942303_thumb.jpg

Really cool find, in any case!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Definitely some kind of bone - very nice find! I'd also double check ceratopsid metatarsals/metacarpals, and on top of that - sea turtle bones, and mosasaur bones (I can't think of any plesiosaur bones like this, and I may be way off on my mosasaur suggestion, but thats for you to find out, i guess!).

Nice work!

Bobby

I think it's probably sea turtle, too. If not a humerus, then a tibia. Really cool find, Tom.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ