Vampire Meg

Foshunter

This is a purchased land tooth I just had to have. I have a thing for teeth with pathologies mainly Angustidens but really liked this Megalodon. It is small by Meg. standards, only 2 5/8 in. bet it looked weird when it smiled.--Tom

post-3940-012239900 1285087202_thumb.jpg

post-3940-062769300 1285087208_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Guest N.AL.hunter

I like seeing the Aba Normals too. I have found thousands of shark teeth and for some reason I have found only one semi-pathological tooth, so to me they are very rare finds. That one looks so normal as a tooth,that I would have thought it a different species if you hadn't told me what it was. You should have saved it until 1 April and then posted it under some made up name. Would have been fun to read the thread.

Never, ever, have I seen anything like that; I find it irresistibly disturbing!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Me too..... that is one sweet messed up tooth!!! :blink:

post-986-084430900 1285094818_thumb.jpg

Like the artwork, think I have hunted with that guy.--Tom

"Don't Tread On Me"

This is a purchased land tooth I just had to have. I have a thing for teeth with pathologies mainly Angustidens but really liked this Megalodon. It is small by Meg. standards, only 2 5/8 in. bet it looked weird when it smiled.--Tom

Love the tooth. Great photos. Tks

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

Me too..... that is one sweet messed up tooth!!! :blink:

post-986-084430900 1285094818_thumb.jpg

That may or may not be tracer

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Tom,

That is a gnarly looking tooth.

Thanks for showing us!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Wait a minute! There are teeth in the background behind that pathological. Are they in... in cement? :o

Edited by Scylla

You have all the cool teeth! I like it. I like that little tooth in the matrix behind it as well. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wait a minute! There are teeth in the background behind that pathological. Are they in... in cement? :o

It's a sandstone/shell hash found in Texas, the teeth are Cretoxyrhina Mantelli, Squalicorax Falcatus, and some unknown fish teeth, I think some kinda background make you item more interesting.--Thanks for asking--Tom

post-3940-040929400 1285158482_thumb.jpg

post-3940-077148200 1285158621_thumb.jpg

"Don't Tread On Me"

woh ! Some of these pathos are ... great ! :wub:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

It's a sandstone/shell hash found in Texas, the teeth are Cretoxyrhina Mantelli, Squalicorax Falcatus, and some unknown fish teeth, I think some kinda background make you item more interesting.--Thanks for asking--Tom

Whew! My faith is restored ;) I think your backgrounds are better than most of my collection! :o Thanks again for sharing.

That is one COOL tooth!!!

Love them paths as well :D

post-671-007650600 1285163571_thumb.jpg

Phoenix them's some ugly teefus you have, I like em. :hocky:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

What a whacky tooth!

"I vant to eat some vhaaaaleesss!"

HAHAHAHA. I wonder what postion in the mouth that meg was? It was surely squeezed it there though ^_^

Yeah, I have a soft spot for paths :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Looks like that tooth had to 'Fit In' and grow somewhere tight.... Fangtastic !

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

That's a great one. Northern Sharks shows a tooth with the same kind of pathology here:

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php/topic/3757-tooth-and-bone-pathologies/

i vant to steel zis toos wink.gif

lol jk congrats on the new addition! surely unique!

-Emily

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

• 1 month later...