Fossilized Flowers From Patagonia

palaeopix

Don't know if this has already been noted here on the forum but I found this article online today. The preservation is amazing!

post-2629-008527700 1285476126_thumb.jpgPhoto of the fossilized flower from Patagonia.

Here's the link for the article online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-11401034

Edited by palaeopix

Spectacular! I wonder what else is there, whether they have an Eocene lagerstätten on their hands?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

As I recall Patagonia has a veritable treasure trove of palaeontological sites of all ages. I've seen some amazing trilobites and dinosaur material from Patagonia.

By the looks of it... beautiful fine preservation... an excellent candidate for a Lagerstatte. Thanks for sharing this article Dan! What a exotic area to hunt for fossils... stokes the imagination.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Don't know if this has already been noted here on the forum but I found this article online today. The preservation is amazing!

post-2629-008527700 1285476126_thumb.jpgPhoto of the fossilized flower from Patagonia.

Here's the link for the article online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-11401034

Thanks so much for sharing this article. I found it fascinating. Amazing pic.