Almost Trilobite

Guest N.AL.hunter

Guest N.AL.hunter

Found in Tennessee. Edge of the "Nashville Dome". Perhaps Lebanon Formation. About 4" long as is, would have been closer to 5" if whole. Still the most complete trilobite I have from Tenn. Isotelus probably. Folded over on itself. Also found some whole brachiopods and other misc. fossils at same site.

post-101-008351000 1285633510_thumb.jpg

post-101-030548400 1285633523_thumb.jpg

post-101-024981300 1285633535_thumb.jpg

Wow thats a monster, Nice

Reminds me of an old college professor who use to show off a monster Trilo. He found it after 12 geology students stepped over it on a field trip

Found in Tennessee. Edge of the "Nashville Dome". Perhaps Lebanon Formation. About 4" long as is, would have been closer to 5" if whole. Still the most complete trilobite I have from Tenn. Isotelus probably. Folded over on itself. Also found some whole brachiopods and other misc. fossils at same site.

Nice finds in your pics! I didn't realize it was possible to find the large species in Tn. It's just huge!

I loves trilobites. My favorite was a small one found in half. Frustrating..

Welcome to the forum!

Doin' the Big Bug Shuffle! :meg dance:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Great finds, Del!

Love that Bug! :wub:

Congratulations!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

How do you spot something like that?! I'd have gone right past it! Now I'm wondering how many I HAVE gone right past?

Very nice, BTW.

Andy (redbrick)

"All living things do one of two things. They either grow, or they die. When they stop growing, they immediately start dying. The mind is also a living thing."

Guest N.AL.hunter

Fortunately for us fossil hunters, at this site the matrix is light gray and the trilobites are blackish. They stand out fairly well. The brachs are everywhere and range in color from black to white. I was finding many pieces of straight ammonites/bacculites (the ones with simple sutures), but nothing worth picking up.

Very, very nice find!

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Very nice! Was that the site you were talking about in Tenn. I find big partials in the Carters Limestone along the eastern edge of the Nashville Dome.