Another Trip To My Favourite Place

patrick hendriks

Today i had some time of so i collect my sifts and went to my favourite fossil place again. Whem i arrived already two of my friends were sifting threw the muddy water hoping to find some teeth. They had already found some teeth, but noting spectaculary.

So on i went, and in my first sift i immediatly had three nice mako's. This seems to be a good day. But just after thinking that the water flow stoped. Again the barge had some troubels and wasn't working. So there we were again sitting in the sand and telling story's. But luckely after 45 minutes the muddy water flow returned and we went straight in to hunt for the black gold. It wasn't great, but every now and than some teeth were showing up. After a while the sand in the water was replaced by gravel. This wasn't another good sing, because normally between the gravek there are no teeth showing up.

But than when i took my sift out of the water i saw this nice dark edge lying between the gravel. I couldn't believe it. An almost 3" perfect mako was lying between the gravel, and it wasn't broke.

later on the day i found i nice Galeocerdo. Unfortunatly it has some little damage. Most of you wil say: Ok a little tiger, nice. But in the over 10 years that i'm visisting this site i only have found 6 of them (now &0, and i think that i'm one of the guys who has a lot of them. These teeth are so rare over at this site, that if you manage to find one, it's a great find. So with these two teeth, my day was perfect again.

Patrick

The better ones

post-479-024033300 1285782455_thumb.jpg

The broken ones

post-479-012223000 1285782500_thumb.jpg

Some bone material with a very nice dolphin tooth

post-479-028011700 1285782575_thumb.jpg

The little tiger, broken but with nice coulors

post-479-064230800 1285782619_thumb.jpg

A perfect light bleu mako with beautifull coulors

post-479-035598600 1285782656_thumb.jpgpost-479-061259300 1285782697_thumb.jpg

The almost 3" perfect mako

post-479-018255400 1285782740_thumb.jpg

I am happy for your success!

Is this a site where you position your screen under the discharge from the dredge, and pull it out to inspect your "catch"?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

@ Auspex

Yes, that is correct. That is the place. I'm collecting at this sit for more than 10 years now, and a lot of people visit it. But if it becomes to crowdy than they will close it. So we don't mention the name anymore.

Patrick

I think that is very cool, there is really nowhere in the North East to find teeth... of any kind. All kinds of tracks and prints, but no teeth. Time for a road trip I think lol. Anyway, great finds, keep the pics coming.

Edited by dhk

Always looked like a fun place to collect and those blue colors :wub:

John

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling. - Mark Twain

I am going to have to visit the Netherlands sometime.

"One of these day's I'm going to find a tooth over 3inches."

Patrick..... Quality fossils....you have some real beauties there and the colours are awsome.... you did right to keep the location quiet.... you only need one idiot to spoil it for everybody....

Edited by Terry Dactyll

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

In Netherlands / Belgium. I have a couple ideas where but I don't know the language or the laws.

"One of these day's I'm going to find a tooth over 3inches."