Dinosaur Egg?

goldenraven

Hi, A few years ago while wandering on my Grandfathers farm, I came across this strange looking fossil. I thing is is a dinosaur egg but I am not sure. Has anyonge seen anything like this before. It is totaly hollow with a shell thickness of about 3/16". It looks sort of leathery and flattened. It has seams it it like it was sowen togeather. I would like to find out for sure what this thing is. Any Help??? Don Stewart

post-4172-058728000 1286121788_thumb.jpg

:( Sorry, it looks like the beginning stages of an geode to me.Hopefully someone else might give you better news. B)

Bear-dog.

Don-

I don't see egg either. I work in a geology museum and we get lot of folks who find dinosaur eggs and bring them in to us. Not a single one has been an egg. Eggshell has a certain crystal structure that I don't see in yours. Most of the ones we see in our museum are actually concretions, but I don't think yours is. I'm not sure what you've got there.

Nice find, looks like a geode to me. Dont break it! but I'd like to see it cut open. <_< If you do, find someone that knows what their doing. I'd hate to see it in pieces.

Doesnt look like an egg. Why do you think this is an egg? just because of the shape? Does the formation where it was found have potential for preserving dino eggs?