Favorites For The Day.

fossiladdict

Wasn't sure what I would find today as it hasn't rained in forever around here and who knows how many people had been to POC but I needed a fix for the addiction. Overall I did pretty good I think- not bad for doing what I love best!

post-4072-097601300 1286139775_thumb.jpg

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Nice haul looks like you got your fossil fix.--Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Looks like you did very well for the conditions.

I'm sure the collecting is much more pleasurable with the great weather we have had.

Did you see any other collectors fossiling ??

Can you please post a close picture of the top round fossil (left of ptycodus teeth)?

The verts? Sure...

Also here's a few pics I took with my cell when I found the them.

post-4072-042061200 1286144677_thumb.jpg

post-4072-010883100 1286144725_thumb.jpg

post-4072-039273900 1286144738_thumb.jpg

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Looks like you did very well for the conditions.

I'm sure the collecting is much more pleasurable with the great weather we have had.

Did you see any other collectors fossiling ??

The weather was awesome- wore my hip waders (no leeches..yeah!). The water was crystal clear too. Love the COLD! Yes I met a guy who works for FEMA down there. He's to send me some info on a show that's coming up next weekend somewhere close to you I think.

What kind of show would FEMA put on ???

Bunch of Fed's there Huh... :)

I'll just have to go as Anonymous Andy.... :P

Good job girl. Love that point the ptychodus.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

What kind of show would FEMA put on ???

Bunch of Fed's there Huh... :)

I'll just have to go as Anonymous Andy.... :P

Hehe...I get to go as Anonymous Anne then. :lol:

No- he worked for FEMA but was just there fossil hunting (using a scraping tool to find). Was a real nice older gentlemen.

Also....here's the three bottles I found today...need more cleaning obviously.

The swamp root bottle had a small hole in the side but I couldn't resist it simply because of the words on it.

post-4072-020100200 1286159035_thumb.jpg

post-4072-081725100 1286159063_thumb.jpg

Also....here's the three bottles I found today...need more cleaning obviously.

The swamp root bottle had a small hole in the side but I couldn't resist it simply because of the words on it.

:D Dr. Kilmers! Cool! I've liked them since I was a ... a long time ago. :) The little flask probably held a food extract, even though it seems like it would be whiskey. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

you prolly gonna need more than swamp root for your liver if'n you keeps wadin' in that there crik.

sorry, old bottles always make me channel the beverly hilltracers for some reason.

Was a real nice older gentlemen.

Gosh, I think I was off somewhere in East Tx this weekend,but maybe I was in POC.... :D :D

you prolly gonna need more than swamp root for your liver if'n you keeps wadin' in that there crik.

sorry, old bottles always make me channel the beverly hilltracers for some reason.

LOL...if I keep findin I will keepa wadin' in that crik causa findin makes mea happy.

P.S. I've got some of Ms. Winslow's soothing syrup, some old reliable eye water and plenty more that might help cure that liver.... :D

Gosh, I think I was off somewhere in East Tx this weekend,but maybe I was in POC.... :D :D

Much older than us! ;)

nice finds. congratulations. love the point also. keep wishing i can find the occasional point but they elude me. very nice trip for you. :)B)

Today's the day!

Mel Fisher

Wasn't sure what I would find today as it hasn't rained in forever around here and who knows how many people had been to POC but I needed a fix for the addiction. Overall I did pretty good I think- not bad for doing what I love best!

Well it looks like Barry hasn't found it all yet! Great haul.

I still haven't found a point up there, but did find a little mammoth enamel earlier this year near 75.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Well it looks like Barry hasn't found it all yet! Great haul.

I still haven't found a point up there, but did find a little mammoth enamel earlier this year near 75.

Where ya been boudreaux ?? It will be time to do some ice collecting out at the Duck Creek fm soon :P:D :D

Where ya been boudreaux ?? It will be time to do some ice collecting out at the Duck Creek fm soon :P:D :D

One of my favorite times to hunt is when it's so cold the ground is froze...a 2+incher came out last year on a day it was snowing.

Points seem to be hard to find at POC as I have less than a dozen from there...