Why I Love The Edwards Formation

BobC

I'm resurrected! Is it Easter? Speaking of the Edwards formation, I also found a huge cidarid in that formation a few months ago--it actually got written up in the Austin Statesman!. I'd post the pic but it's at home and I'm at work.

I'm resurrected! Is it Easter? Speaking of the Edwards formation, I also found a huge cidarid in that formation a few months ago--it actually got written up in the Austin Statesman!. I'd post the pic but it's at home and I'm at work.

Close enough to Easter!!! Look forward to seeing a picture of the cidarid when you're where it is.

Come to South Dakota. the land of the pheasant. In fact we are the only state, who has a state bird, (The pheasant) and we hunt and kill them. Eat them too... mmmmmm Very good. Oh and we have pretty good fossil hunting also.. from what I have seen so far.

Come to South Dakota. the land of the pheasant. In fact we are the only state, who has a state bird, (The pheasant) and we hunt and kill them. Eat them too... mmmmmm Very good. Oh and we have pretty good fossil hunting also.. from what I have seen so far.

Love pheasant- have one on my wall :). I think there are several states that have "game birds" such as quail, grouse, turkey, but hey I'll take any of them :).

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Here he is:

Now that's a really cool fossil! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow! What a fantastic fossil!

It's a good thing algae don't have eyes. Can you imagine seeing that Aristotle's Lantern coming for you, and being unable to move? It looks like something from one of the Alien movies. I'd rather not see it coming, thank you very much.

Don

I was very lucky finding that. I was on the hunt to prove that an Edwards cidarid existed, after finding a huge spine in a mostly Edwards quarry. Many people won't even hunt in the Edwards because it is so hard and you rarely find fossils in it. Fortunately for me I'm of low intelligence so I'll hunt the places other people probably don't care about

Hi,

Wouaouh ! Very nice sea urchin Thumbs%20Up.gif

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

maybe it will make a purty ring for some nice lady's finger, ensconced in goniopygus baguettes????....that or just use it for a doorknob!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Like Like and double like button :). Awesome find!

Fossils are simply one of the coolest things on earth--discovering them is just marvelous! Makes you all giddy inside!

Wow--I feel like a celebrity--like Tom Cruise, only without the money, looks and fabulous lifestyle! Thanks for the compliments, guys!